Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dress Progress, or The Lack Thereof

Much to my distress I am having a difficult time with the bodiced petticoat. It is quite hard to envision darts without any sort of real guidelines - or at least that is the trouble I am having. Hopefully I can conquer them tomorrow and finish the petticoat and chemise over the weekend.

An exciting bit of news: the lady at Austentation is mailing my hat tomorrow, and she said it should arrive on Tuesday. I'm so happy! Now if only I could get my hair permed before Easter, it really would be a Marianne Dashwood Easter. But we shall see.

In other sewing news, Dr. Byers has once again requested a jacket for him to wear while driving his 1930 Ford Model A. If at all possible, he needs it by April 11th, which does not give me much time. To make matters worse, there is not a pattern to be found to make the jacket quite like he wants, and black wool gabardine seems to be a scarce commodity! I did find a handsome ready-made, but the price tag of two-hundred-and-fifty needed more than a spoonful of sugar to make it go down. Though perhaps lack of time and proper materials to complete it will make it sweeter? I must admit that I am hoping so!

So, hopefully I shall have pictures of the underthings before too much longer, and then the dress - time is running out!

In Christ and Mary,
Jessica

No comments: